AmTrust Financial Services
Responsible for the engineering and design of enterprise systems and services.Responsibilities
- Engineer highly scalable and available solutions based on industry best practices and practical experience
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and vendors as needed to solve integration challenges
- Break large complex systems into manageable subsystems and components, each of which can be managed by individuals or teams in a scalable manner
- Create and utilize automations for initializing and provisioning systems and facilitate larger IT department orchestration
- Utilize tools like Powershell, SCOM, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef to drive consistency of configured systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and utilize version control systems, such as Git
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Team work
- Stress tolerance
- A degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of professional relevant experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment processes and technologies
- Familiarity with non-relational databases
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker
- Understanding of web platforms, web APIs, and the ability to review implementations and codebases
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell), and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Extensive experience working within a distributed Git workflow
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.