Corporate Communications Specialist
We are looking for an enthusiastic Corporate Communications Specialist who will Coordinate company communication, branding and storytelling functions. The Corporate Communications Specialist will develop and convey effective messages to key stakeholders about our products, services and corporate activities.
- Monitor, manage and strengthen company communication efforts with agents, policyholders, employees and the public.
- Protect and foster the Columbia Insurance Group brand.
- Serve as the company’s chief storyteller; includes collaborating with company stakeholders to research, compose and communicate messages/information to internal and external audiences using print, digital and social media platforms.
- Ensure adherence to corporate communication guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as company archivist, historian and photographer.
- Manage media relations, including writing press releases and statements, building media contacts, and assisting in company communication efforts during emergency or high-publicity situations
- Coordinate the selection, acquisition and distribution of marketing and promotional materials.
- Coordinate community involvement and philanthropic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications, Marketing, or Advertising/PR or related field).
- At least three years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
- Able to travel to branch locations as necessary.
- Previous Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Understanding of the use of all types of media.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML.
- Previous web design and content production experience.
Knowing what your business needs is our business, too. Having the right insurance coverage will give you peace of mind because you’ll know we have your back. We’re all about relationships.
To us, this business is personal. We’ve built strong relationships with agency partners who work with us to give you exceptional, personalized service. Please give your independent insurance agent a call to experience our unwavering commitment to service and fairness.
We have a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, our rich heritage can be seen across the country, as we have customers in 19 states.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents and fellow employees.