Claims Adjusting Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The VSC Claims Department is a claim call center for Agents, Customers and Repair Facilities. Information gathered is documented to support claim adjudication and authorization for covered VSC and Ancillary F&I product claims offered by ADS. Meeting customer service level phone metrics, accurate claim adjudication and timely document processing are the primary goals.
The Associate Claim Adjuster is an intermediate level resource tasked with adjudicating intermediate VSC mechanical claims ($2500 or less) in accordance with established quality and timeliness guidelines.
- Maintains positive customer relationships by exhibiting a courteous and professional demeanor in all communication with customers, dealers and agents, as well as internal employees.
- Accurately documents information in timely and efficient manner per departmental procedures
- With minimal supervision, determines coverage, liability and damages
- Determines the value of a basic and intermediate claims and negotiates their settlement
- Documents the claim file with notes, evaluations, and decision elements
- Completes other tasks as directed by management
- 5-10 years of automotive repair facility experience
- Knowledge of automotive repair techniques
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing extremely fast paced environment
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate abilities with Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs and department processes
- Intermediate negotiation and conflict resolution skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.