- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Executive Search team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external recruitment and/or internal transfer programs to satisfy the organization's leadership staffing requirements. The Allstate Executive Search team has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to Sourcing, Recruiting, Screening candidates, Interview management and recommendations for leadership roles. Interprets internal or external business needs and recommends best practices.
The Sr. Executive Recruiter develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external recruitment and/or internal transfer programs to satisfy the organization's staffing requirements, typically for a specific client group.
- Source, recruit, screen, interview and recommend candidates for management and above positions
- Direct the sourcing and research plans
- Independently execute bonus level searches (V.P.and above)
- Interpret internal or external business area goals and recommend strategy and best practices
- Solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Act as a subject matter expert and resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- May lead functional teams or projects. Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
The individual will work with internal clients and external resources to ensure a pipeline of talent exists for client positions, and to manage the requisition fulfillment process for select clients
Search Process/Client Service:
- Serve as lead recruiter for bonus-level searches (V.P. through Officer)
- Independently provide highly competent and flexible executive service across a wide range of executive searches. Execute full life cycle recruiting to include developing search strategy, sourcing (including but not limited to proactive networking, cold calling,database searching, etc.), prescreening and interviewing candidates to attract and evaluate candidates, developing and presenting recommendations on qualified candidates to our hiring managers/internal clients
- Consult with and build collaborative relationships with internal clients to determine position requirements and design an effective recruitment strategy. Facilitate the improvement of the reputation of the Executive Recruiting team reputation within Allstate
- Contribute high-level, industry-specific knowledge and expertise
- Together with our HR partners (including Executive Compensation), develop and recommend offers; presenting and negotiating executive compensation offers
- Understand Allstate Diversity Strategy and partner with the Inclusive Diversity team members to explore and utilize diversity sources. Develop sources for diversity candidates on all searches
- Communicate proactively and consistently with hiring managers and candidates throughout the course of the search
- Maintain a strong network of industry executives for potential sourcing and hiring (pipeline recruiting)
- Serve as point of contact should the use of search firm be required; collaborate with client on search firm selection process; influence search firm strategy for executive talent acquisition team
- Build external networks and affiliations to support Allstates employment brand and to support active and passive recruiting strategies
- Build relationships to be viewed as knowledgeable for the majority of our leadership business requirements
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of related experience
- Deep subject matter expertise in leadership recruiting
- Excellent client relationship skills with the ability to communicate proactively and consistently with officer-level clients
- Deep knowledge of executive search research services
- Ability to collaborate with clients on search firm selection process
- Expert in executive research activities
- Ability to manage relationships independently with external vendors
- Deep expertise in executive search candidate management tools
- Strong understanding of executive search software structure and usage
- Advanced level of experience in report design
- Ability to translate user requirements for information into report specifications
- Good understanding of the terms, concepts, and methods involved in report design and management
- Ability to design, develop, and deliver business reports for leadership audiences
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Mature understanding of executive search firms capabilities and services
- Master at process and technology for executive search. Viewed by peers as go to expert for industry and Allstate process, practices and technology
- Deep understanding of variances of Allstate culture, leadership requirements and ability to source qualified talent; Ability to rapidly assimilate information required to conduct a search in a new functional area
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.