- Career Level
- Not Specified
Resolves casualty claims of moderate to complex exposure by inveestigating losses and negotiating settlements.Responsibilities
Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements.
- Conducts on-site investigations, interviews claimants and witnesses and obtains official reports.
- Sets loss reserves and controls claim costs.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carriers liability, clients instructions and authority levels.
- Pursues subrogation when appropriate.
- Recommends litigation when appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as an outside casualty claims adjuster.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be licensed as required by local, state and federal laws.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability with strong PC skills.
- Highly organized and self-directed with ability to handle multiple tasks.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Advanced industry designations CPCU and AIC.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.