- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Business Analyst will primarily focus on implementing and supporting technology solutions to help achieve business needs and goals. While acting as a liaison between various business units, software developers, and management, this role will regularly analyze processes and data, recommend solutions, and document requirements. The Business Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing multiple independent systems, each with diverse end-users ranging from internal business departments through consumers and partners.
- Collaborate with business units to identify software issues and process inefficiencies.
- Translate business needs to system requirements to ensure technical compatibility and end-user satisfaction.
- Perform software validation by developing and executing test cases, verifying results, coordinating regression and user acceptance testing, and communicating conclusions to business units and management.
- Partner with software developers to coordinate system changes, fixes, and enhancements.
- Utilize Microsoft Transact-SQL to analyze data, perform testing, and generate reports as needed.
- Document software and process changes in a central knowledge-base.
- Independently prioritize and manage several projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in the field required.
- Working knowledge of commercial insurance including Workers Compensation, Property, and Liability preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Regular hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 8-4:30 with the possibility of some evening and weekend work as needed.