Junior Application Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking an entry level Junior Application Developer to join our current team.
The developer role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and web-based applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, provide weekly status reports, and suggest code improvement, where applicable.
Joining AACC as a Junior Developer is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team to enhance your skills and further your career with a growing and successful organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Perform application development work on a ColdFusion and Ajax-based application: introducing new functionality, extending existing functionality, and maintaining the existing codebase.
- Collaboratively work with customers to conceptualize and develop new features and functionality.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and code specifications for projects.
- Conduct research on merging software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
Knowledge, technical skills and abilities:
- Some academic or professional experience developing web-based software applications.
- Can present a portfolio of software application work from either school, internships, or another professional institution.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of sourceCode control management using GIT or SVN.
- A proactive approach to responding to problems is highly valued.
- Good communication skills are essential, and technical writing skills are valued.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to analyze problems, identify their causes, and explain these to others.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in the field of computer science or software engineering.
Benefits available for full time employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance