BUILD YOUR FUTURE…WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
User Experience Designer 2
Salary Range: $88,336 - $101,586 - $114,837
The User Experience (UX) Designer 2, working under minimal guidance, actively advocates the development an d optimization of user-centered solutions aimed at differentiating Westfield’s value proposition over its competition. UX Designers 2 typically work on medium-to-large assignments in terms of size and complexity. A UX Designer 2 is focused on discovering user-centric perspectives and incorporating them into solution designs, advocating these perspectives with business stakeholders and other IT functional areas, and acumen in business/insurance/finance and/or technology/systems. This role utilizes a variety of tools and techniques: user research, user-centered solution design, information architecture, and design validation.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Working under minimal guidance and little-to-no oversight, actively advocates the development and optimization of user-centered solutions (internal, external) aimed at differentiating Westfield’s value proposition over its competi tion.
2. Typically works on medium-to-large assignments in terms of size and complexity.
3. Serves as a liaison between technical and business partners throughout all of these functions.
4. Discovers user-centric perspectives and incorporates them into solution designs, advocating these perspectives with business stakeholders and various IT functional areas.
Utilizes the following variety of tools and techniques to accomplish this work:
* User research:
- Plans, coordinates, and executes user research activities.
- Compiles and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative data from users aimed at informing solution design, understanding user behaviors and their underlying motivators, and recommending options for system/process improvements.
- Analyzes user behaviors, needs, and motivations through observation techniques, task analyses, and other feedback methodologies.
- Asse sses the effectiveness and adoption of existing solution(s) or process(es).
* User-centered solution design:
- Creates and/or optimizes designs for a solution or process based on user perspectives, design best practices, and/or business requirements.
- Produces artifacts that effectively communicate designs to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Actively facilitates and/or participates in an iterative design review process.
- Assesses the effectiveness and adoption of an existing solution or process.
* Information Architecture:
- Defines structural components and information organization for systems based on user perspectives and best practices.
- Produces artifacts that effectively communicate this architecture to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Actively facilitates and/or participates in an iterative information architecture r eview process.
* Design validation:
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts usability testing sessions and other methods for obtaining relevant feedback from users.
- Conducts heuristic reviews of a solution based on acknowledged best practices in usability.
- Compiles, analyzes and communicates findings and recommendations based on these activities.
5. Provides assistance in complementary roles on small projects or initiatives (e.g. business systems analysis, project management), as needed.
6. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5+ years of experience in User Experience.
2. 3+ years experience planning projects and approach of moderate size and/or complexity.
3. Experience analyzing pro blems and developing strategies for resolution gained through previous work assignments.
4. Experience providing advice and consultation to peers and stakeholders.
5. Strong oral, written, and/or visual communication skills.
6. Strong relationship management skills including experience collaborating with a variety of business and IT peer and leader levels.
7. Experience learning new subject matter quickly, in both business and technical arenas.
8. Experience planning projects and approach of moderate size and/or complexity.
9. Strong organizational skills gained through previous work experiences.
10. Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing previous work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other business design, research, and/or testing tools (e.g. Optimal Workshop Suite, Morae, Visio, Project).
12. Bachelor’s deg ree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, etc. OR equivalent work experience.
13. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$88336.0 - US$114837.0 per year
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.