Branch Underwriting Manager
- Career Level
We seek an experienced Branch Underwriting Manager. The Branch Underwriting Manager will supervise and monitor the underwriting function in accordance with company policies, procedures and philosophy. This works at our Johns Creek, GA office.
- Maintain a profitable book of business by developing, implementing, monitoring and controlling individual risk underwriting programs.
- Supervise the review and issuance of applications, renewals and change requests; assure all needed information is gathered and make insurability decisions within prescribed limits of authority.
- Advise underwriters on complicated risks; make underwriting decisions on risks exceeding underwriters’ limit of authority.
- Supervise, train and monitor underwriters, loss control and premium audit staff ensuring adherence to company policies, procedures, and technical knowledge of staff.
- Communicate with internal and external individuals/companies regarding coverages, rates, risk selection, applications, etc.
- Coordinate departmental workflow with other departments/divisions.
- Assist in agent education and training.
- Supervise the review of assigned agencies’ experience with marketing personnel.
- Perform quality audits on branch underwriting personnel on a routine and ongoing basis.
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Quality Audit Team.
- Make periodic visits to stimulate profitable production and improve company/agency relations.
- Monitor competition through industry association, affiliation and contracts.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of management experience.
- At least eight years of commercial lines underwriting experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Supplemental insurance education/designations.
- Experience with product development.
Knowing what your business needs is our business, too. Having the right insurance coverage will give you peace of mind because you’ll know we have your back. We’re all about relationships.
To us, this business is personal. We’ve built strong relationships with agency partners who work with us to give you exceptional, personalized service. Please give your independent insurance agent a call to experience our unwavering commitment to service and fairness.
We have a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, our rich heritage can be seen across the country, as we have customers in 19 states.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents and fellow employees.