- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to serve in the role of Territory Manager. The Territory Manager will direct property/casualty marketing activities in assigned territory, including selection and development of agency plant to achieve production and profitability objectives. This position serves the state of Oklahoma.
- Screen, select, appoint and train agents to ensure company philosophy, policies and procedures are observed.
- Implement company marketing strategies to achieve sales goals; monitor agency force to assure an acceptable book of business.
- Promote and maintain a sound business relationship with the company’s agency force.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry trends, including the competitor’s products, pricing and strategies.
- File timely and accurate reports with the Branch Manager.
- Assure timely payment of agency accounts, including collection assistance on policyholder accounts.
- Provide assistance to marketing and underwriting personnel; assist in training marketing staff as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between company and the agency force, including assistance in contract revocation and rehabilitative procedures.
- Attend seminars, meetings and conventions as a representative of the companies.
- Plan and implement various marketing seminars, meetings and customer relations functions for agents as directed.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three years of relevant commercial property & casualty marketing/underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- This job requires regular overnight travel.
- Supplemental insurance education/designations.
- Independent agency distribution experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of and relationships with agency force in Oklahoma.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents and fellow employees.
Knowing what your business needs is our business, too. Having the right insurance coverage will give you peace of mind because you’ll know we have your back. We’re all about relationships.
To us, this business is personal. We’ve built strong relationships with agency partners who work with us to give you exceptional, personalized service. Please give your independent insurance agent a call to experience our unwavering commitment to service and fairness.
We have a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, our rich heritage can be seen across the country, as we have customers in 19 states.