- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are seeking a Paralegal to provide support to the Corporate Legal Department, in the following areas:
- Contract drafting and review
- Contract Database and file maintenance
- Contract Searches and filings
- Research and special projects
- Transactional matters
The Paralegal position will also provide transaction support along with case assignment intake/tracking management.
- Support processing of draft contracts with vendors and service providers for Donegal Insurance Group insurance operations and Union Community Bank's operations
- Intake, log-in, track, and archive all contracts referred to Corporate Legal Department for review
- With Counsel's assistance/oversight, prepare red-lined versions of the agreement reflecting edits for vendor's review and acceptance.
- Research contract-related issues and prepare suggested solutions to contract drafting and negotiation issues.
- Set, maintain and track ticklers for contract expiration and renewals.
- Monitor and report on retention of Corporate Legal Department records.
- Monitor and update Image Right contract retention systems.
- Maintain Corporate Legal Department contract files
- Prepare reports of Corporate Legal Department matters as requested by Counsel.
- Provide transaction support and conduct legal and factual research and due diligence as assigned by Counsel.
Experience and Qualifications
- Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for learning
- Strong organizational skills with a strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and become proficient in use of internal electronic file databases, including but not limited to ImageRight and Claim Center systems
- Paralegal degree or certification required
- Associates degree required; Bachelor degree preferred
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off/Sick Days, Incentive Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan and Continuing Education Assistance.