From humble beginnings in its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nations 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1.4 billion in assets. The groups motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country. The center of the banks business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
About Westfield Bank
Deposit Operations Maintenance Clerk Job Summary
Salary Range: $27,406.00-$31,517.00-$35,628.00
The Deposit Operations Maintenance Clerk assists the Deposit Operations function of the Bank to help achieve an efficient and effective operations process. Reviews all deposit and loan maintenance documents to verify that they are accurate and complete. Ensures decision guidelines are adhered to and understood. May assist with scans, and review quality control. Assists in execution of procedures and ensures compliance to meet security precautions and to protect customer deposits and bank assets. Strives to achieve a working knowledge of all laws and regulations related to deposit operations which ensures all duties and tasks performed are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Assists the Deposit Operations function of the Bank to help achieve an efficient and effective operations process. Reviews all deposit and loan maintenance documents to verify that they are accurate and complete.
2. Logs and tracks any errors identified in the deposit and loan maintenance documents..
3. Ensures department compliance through numerous tasks and functions including, but not limited to, deposit account proof and monitoring, reviewing, and verifying opening account documents in comparison to what is on the Core system.
4. May scan, review quality control, and update core account records.
5. Sends documents for scanning.
6. Participates in investigating/researching fraudulent related issues such as account monitoring and researching suspicious activity. Helps provide research for legal subpoenas.
7. Assists with projects impacting deposit accounts including, but not limited to, software upgrades and new or changing deposit product offerings, such as Harland, Secure Support, and Disaster Recovery testing.
8. Maintains awareness, understanding, and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws, and regulations appropriate for this position.
9. Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests
10. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 1 or more years of relevant banking experience.
2. Demonstrated customer service excellence.
3. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
4. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
5. Demonstrated detail orientation, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
6. Good communication skills appropriate for interacting with customers, service providers and bank personnel.
7. Proven ability to complete assignments with little oversight and supervision.
8. High School diploma, GED, or commensurate experience.
9. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfield-bank.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.