As a Strategic Sourcing Analyst at the ICW Group, you will manage complex strategic sourcing and procurement/vendor management projects in a fast-paced environment. Our goal is to efficiently manage strategic sourcing events for our varied internal customers in a collaborative manner, focused on requirements, risk mitigation and return on investment. We operate as a team and with integrity. You are inquisitive and confident in your abilities to negotiate as well as find mutual agreement on a host of complex transactions. Tapping into your passion, you think outside the box, drive for process improvement, and anticipate customer needs to exceed their expectations. Each day offers a variety of new challenges as you tackle your work including:
- Collaborate with designated lines of business and or departments to provide full service enterprise procurement and vendor management services for specific commodity categories.
- Contribute to effective procurement infrastructure to manage corporate spend across the enterprise, which aligns with business and technology initiatives.
- Follow procurement policies, procedures and guidelines for the company; and suggest innovations to continuously improve strategic sourcing process
- Utilize RFx sourcing templates, procedures, and processes
- Provides support to the organization for problems with vendor performance, products and services.
- Create and issue purchase orders for designated commodities, support Accounting with billing disputes
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested by manager.
Create effective relationships with internal customers related to the processes and benefits of effective procurement management.
- Build effective relationships with business stakeholders, and designated commodity vendors
- Prepare negotiation strategies and toolkits (of moderate complexity), using all four phases of the sourcing lifecycle (strategy, assessment, selection, contract and performance management) for designated commodity categories
- Support manager during highly complex negotiations by preparing data analysis, benchmarking and other research as requested.
- Support stakeholder requests to prepare market analysis, or data related to procurement and vendor management as necessary.
Plan and execute procurement, strategic sourcing and vendor management activities and operations in compliance with corporate policies, applicable law and effective cost management principles.
- Perform benchmarking analysis and develop and implement cost savings initiatives and commodity strategies for designated commodities.
- For moderately complex procurement efforts, research, evaluate, and negotiate pricing and terms with vendors to obtain a low risk outcome for the company.
- Manage relationships with designated suppliers, prospective vendors and other external constituencies involved in procurement programs.
- Prepare and manage data for benchmarking and reporting metrics
Maintains current knowledge of trends and best practices for procurement profession and insurance industry.
- Track benchmark savings efforts
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business, economics and/or related degree.
- 3+ years of related professional experience. Strong preference for insurance industry experience.
- Typically has 1-2 years procurement and contracting experience including proven ability to negotiate complex contracts.
- Advanced Excel proficiency as well as experience with Ariba, Zycus or similar tool.
- 1+ year of experience managing strategic sourcing process for several commodity areas.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement principles and techniques.
- Experience with Metric Stream, Compliance 360, SAP and project management skills are desired.