Assistant Vice President - Medical Professional Liability Underwriter
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
AVP Medical Professional Liability Underwriter
Supports and contributes to the development, growth and profitability of the Hallmark Pro Medical Professional Liability Programs including but not limited to underwriting, pricing and marketing. In addition, assumes subject matter expert responsibilities as assigned by senior manager.
- Make determinations as to the appropriateness of risk selection, pricing and coverage to support continual improvement in underwriting results.
- Actively market to appointed brokers, providing service that supports strong producer relationships.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to management for any new exposures or market opportunities.
- Establish strong relationships with affiliated business support units.
- Promote the Enterprise’s medical product offerings to producers in conjunction with other Hallmark product lines as opportunities become available.
- Remain current on competition in the marketplace and stay abreast of healthcare liability trends.
- Remain current on legal and regulatory changes and claim development in order to contribute unit product development and portfolio decisions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of Insurance Industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of medical professional underwriting or related experience
- Analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Functional in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in exposure analysis and pricing thereof
- Detail oriented, organized and able to handle multiple projects and tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be free to travel up to 20%