Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position requires a self-driven technically competent individual with ability to quickly learn and understand enterprise platform and implementation of systems based on Agile Modeling techniques along with a keen focus on information architecture and data quality for complex and/or multiple projects. In addition, this person will work closely with our Data Architecture Center of Excellence to provide data architectural recommendations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Bond & SI Enterprise Architecture team is seeking an Information Architecture that will provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while providing information design and implement solutions to drive quality and productivity; achieve real-time desired service levels in a dynamic SAFE/Agile environment; ensure information architecture design are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective through blueprint and design reviews; assist in the remediation of application stability and performance; adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance; perform product evaluations, and Proof of Concepts; partner with delivery teams and product management areas to establish required frameworks and patterns; assist the agile teams perform project level design, debug and performance analysis; leverage new emerging technology as appropriate
Key activities will include:
- Overseeing the modernization of Bond's existing OLTP data models supporting our core products.
- In strong collaboration with the Data Architecture COE, develop and leverage standards, patterns, and practices supporting OLTP systems modeling.
- Supporting common enterprise information models and encourage their use in new products.
- Promoting accurate, valid, and reusable meta-data to ensure an integrated and comprehensive definition of data for the Bond Enterprise.
- Enabling the movement of data from OLTP systems to downstream systems for analytical purposes.
- Improving and developing data architecture and governance model utilizing both traditional and NoSQL database
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of technology related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 2 years of product/project management and/or Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Required experiences and skill set:
- Strong individual contributor in complex transactional system Data Modeling
- Experienced in data modeling
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes
- Demonstrated ability to translate business processes and requirements to applicable requirement types (functional, technical, etc) and information design
Desired experiences and skill set in below area:
- NoSQL database design and best practice
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodology
- Experiences in Master Data Management and Reference Data Management
- Experiences in Message Driven framework data design and persistency
- Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE