Territory Sales Manager - Denver
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Territory Sales Manager - Denver
Donegal Insurance Group
Donegal Insurance Group is an established leader in the property/casualty insurance industry. We have been insuring our policyholders’ futures for over 100 years and have been rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
We are seeking a Territory Sales Manager for the Denver area to increase quote activity, written premium and improve retention while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and profitability through the independent agency system. The Territory Sales Manager will also be responsible for developing business opportunities by selling/training agents on utilizing Donegal’s automation competitive products and it’s historical and consistent profitable results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for prospecting and appointment of agents in order to build a strong distribution channel.
- Provide training to agencies on new programs and services in order to assist the agent in achieving their established goals and objectives with the company.
- Effectively communicate Donegal Companies’ corporate goals, products, rules, rates, and incentives to agents to achieve a profitable book of business and build a strong business relationship.
- Provide personalized attention on sales calls to ensure optimum position within the Agency.
- Effectively communicate with each agency on the types of personal and commercial lines business we are interested in quoting.
- Responsible for directing agents to utilize Donegal’s WritePro and WriteBiz systems, and generating personal lines quote activity.
- Will provide Commercial and Personal Lines quotes, when necessary, to assist agents
- Work closely with individual agents in order to generate new commercial lines business opportunities.
- Develop individual Agency Plans, which includes the financial objectives for the specific agent to include premium, loss ratio, new and renewal policy count goals. Discussions held frequently with Agents to review their progress versus plan toward their goals.
- Analyze agency profitability for each agent within their assigned territory. Develops and implements agency action plans to meet financial and strategic goals and any corrective actions as needed. May include training, re-underwriting, rehabilitation programs, mergers or agency termination. Works closely with underwriting to implement corrective actions with agents as needed.
- Facilitate at least two agency reviews each year with underwriting to review the agent’s performance as compared to the established goals and implements correctives measures as needed.
- Responsible for marketing company products and services. This includes a working knowledge of the interface capabilities of our company, monitoring of agency activity and arranging training of new products and services.
- Routinely visit agents in assigned territory and prospect for quality agency appointments.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business administration or related field
- 3 to 5 years of property and casualty insurance marketing experience
- Knowledge of the independent agency system
- Commercial and personal lines insurance experience and knowledge
- Ability to work independently
- Continuing education and insurance designations highly preferred
We offer an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Winning attitude and willingness to work as a team player are musts. EOE
Apply for Territory Sales Manager - Denver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly