Contact Center Associate
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent opportunity for a Contact Center Associate in Lincoln, NE. In this vital role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Put the customer at the center of what you do
- Respond to questions and/or concerns from Allstate agents, customers and home office employees
- Interpret and apply concepts based on company policies and procedures
- Participate in a fast paced team environment that handles incoming complex, sometimes escalated calls
- Create work requests for our processing partners
- Communicate with associates through the phone, email and work requests
- Research and respond to customer inquiries within service levels
- Work in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes
- Able to adhere to call center guidelines and measurements
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and agent information
- Successfully complete required training programs
- Shifts are determined through a schedule bidding process, or as business needs dictate and are based on performance results
- Must be able to work any 8 hour shift between 7:55 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays 7:55 am to 4:30pm.
- New hires will have the 10:30 am to 7pm shift
- Pay $15.25 / hr
- Location: Lincoln, Nebraska (Home Based work opportunities may exist for employees with consistent performance and attendance behaviors)
***Tentative Start Date: Monday, April 30th 2018***
Schedule for 1st 10 weeks of Training: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Inititial Regular Work Schedule: 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (subject to change through schedule bidding process throughout the year)
Our beautiful Lincoln campus location features:
Onsite Fitness Center
Full Service Cafeteria
Walking Path on Grounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, procedures and customer service philosophies
- Ability to learn and effectively use multiple computer systems, phones, and other technologies simultaneously.
- Ability to support a service culture through great quality and efficiency, even when work volume is high
- Requires attention to detail and a sincere commitment to servicing the field force, policy holders, co-workers and other home office personnel
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, deal sensitively and professionally with customers and agents
- Excellent intuitive and analytical skills to review cases and determine solutions to requests
- Provide value added services by creating, revising and improving processes to focus on delivering the best customer and producer experience
- Requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities, as well as a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Work independently displaying good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to adhere to work schedule demands and requirements
- Prefer 2+ years of customer service experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior to interview, requirement of a successfully completed online assessment must be achieved.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.