BUILD YOUR FUTUREWHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
IT QA Analyst 2 Job Summary
Salary Range: $63,778 - $73,344 - $82,912
The IT QA Analyst 2 is responsible for contributing to all aspects of the Westfield testing methodology and participating throughout the entire software development life cycle. Leads small to medium sized testing projects: monitors progress, serves as a primary point of contact for status/updates, provides communication, and ensures adherence to the test plan. Testing experience in Guidewire is required with knowledge of the Claims workflow. The ideal candidate has experience in the insurance domain and the lifecycle of multiple product lines to perform thorough end-to-end-testing. Candidate can execute test cases for the entire Claim Center life cycle from First Notice of Loss to financial transactions. Candidate can execute testing of internal back-end legacy system interfaces and external third party vendor interfaces. Candidate has expert experience in using HP ALM. Core testing focus areas include: manual and automated test case management (creation, execution, and update) and defect handling. The position interfaces with cross-functional teams to manage defects, compile test results and communicate issues, risks and status on timely basis to ensure the solution meets business requirements. All responsibilities are executed under the day-to-day direction of an IT Lead QA Analyst or an IT QA Analyst 3.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
All functions below are important. Given the assignments of an individual within the team, the frequency in which these functions are performed will vary. Individual will participate in all aspects of the Westfield software testing methodology, including:
1. Contributes to all aspects of the Westfield testing methodology and participates throughout the entire software development life cycle.
2. Coordinates all work related activities with an IT Lead QA Analyst while following Testing Services Group (TSG) practice standards. This includes leading test planning, reviewing requirements, impact analysis, estimation process, time reporting and all reviews (as appropriate) that will impact the release(s) that they are assigned to. As assigned, will lead some small to medium testing efforts.
3. Collaborates with developers, test engineers, etc. to ensure a technical approach to test planning when leading small to medium testing efforts.
4. Executes test cases for assigned releases to include functional testing, results validation, regression testing, automation testing, system integration testing, user interface and user acceptance testing in comparison to the defined business requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and executing manual and automated test cases, accurately reporting status on given tasks, working with Business System Analysts to answer key questions, providing feedback on coverage of requirements, and providing timely communications.
5. Communicates with respective business analysts, architects, integrators, developers and administrators regarding status, issues and risks on timely basis.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 3 years of testing experience.
2. Demonstrated experience with small to medium sized projects including priority setting, decision making responsibilities, and communicating results.
3. Demonstrated experience in executing and reporting results of test cases in test management tools (i.e. HP Quality Center).
4. Demonstrated working knowledge of testing tools (i.e. HP Quality Center, HP Unified Functional Test, Selenium etc.).
5. Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems and integrations.
6. Proven ability to make both analytical and intuitive decisions related to achieving goals.
7. Proven ability work effectively without the entire picture and seize opportunities with minimal planning.
8. Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of IT.
9. Demonstrated understanding and ability to write moderately complex SQL.
10. Knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts and structures.
11. Demonstrated working knowledge and/or experience with Cognos tools (Analysis Studio, Query Studio, and Standard Reporting) AND/OR IBM IIS tools (DataStage and QualityStage).
12. Demonstrated working knowledge of web services and SOA concepts is desired based on assignment.
13. Bachelors degree or commensurate experience.
14. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy..
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.