Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
Westfield Services Inc. is a specialty insurance agency and services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We are wholly owned by Westfield Group in Westfield Center, Ohio, although we operate independently of our parent company.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Service Center Account Technician - Commercial Lines Job Summary - LOCATED IN COLUMBUS, OH
Salary Range: $35,705 - $41,061 - $46,416
Performs generally non-customer contact service and reviews data entry and quality control on commercial lines accounts.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Verifies accuracy and processes policy changes and renewals as issued by Westfield and enters new business into Applied, when needed.
2. Identifies and researches premium increases beyond established thresholds. Notes reasons in agency management system and alerts Account Representative.
3. Processes all cancellations, reinstatements and non-renewals.
4. Performs high-volume data entry including new customer setup, ACORD app creation, etc.
5. Initiates renewal process, checks with Westfield on late renewals, co mmunicates results to customers and sends renewal certificates.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 1 year experience in commercial or personal lines OR a certification OR significant coursework towards an insurance degree.
2. Obtain and maintain a valid Property-Casualty Insurance License within 90 days of employment.
3. Experience in a fast-paced, high call/email volume environment with the ability to multi-task.
4. Strong data entry/typing skills.
5. Understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
6. Ability to maintain effective work relationships.
7. Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and other standard office automation software packages.
8. Experience performing general office support functions.
9. Experience handling confidential information.
10. High school graduate, GED, or demonstrated commensurate experience.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, res ponsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield Services and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$35705.0 - US$46416.0 per year
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.