Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
CalSurance Associates is seeking a Knowledgeable Commercial Lines Account Manager to join our team. The Account Manager will be responsible for supporting one or more producers in marketing and servicing professional liability insurance. Our team will rely on you to develop and oversee service plans for each client (sponsoring company) determining and understanding the needs and requirements of the sponsor. This individual will further ensure proper resources from within the office are involved with the client.
- Plans, organizes and leads mid-year review and other internal meetings related to the service plan.
- Attends client meetings with Producer to lead discussion on specified agenda items.
- Supervises and reviews the preparation of marketing submission packages to obtain quotes on new and renewal business.
- Coordinates and monitors the marketing of accounts; negotiates terms and pricing with carriers.
- Assigns the preparation of proposals, enrollment material, master certificates, loss prevention materials and guides; reviews the work product of Account Specialists to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of program communication strategies to generate growth in enrollment for voluntary direct enrollment accounts. Monitors utilization of on-line processing systems.
- Plans and organizes periodic claim review meetings with client and carrier claim department (or Lancer Claims Services as applicable). Reviews large loss notices and disclaimers; brings potential issues to attention of Producer and CalSurance management immediately.
- Reviews policies and midterm coverage endorsements for accuracy and conformance to quotation.
- Reviews the work of Account Specialists and ensures the accuracy of all account level financial records/ reporting including reconciliations, premium invoicing, surplus lines taxes, broker fee obligations, etc.
- Valid California P&C Insurance License
- 5 years' experience as an Underwriter or Account Manager (or similar) position in a P&C agency
- Proven ability to develop and further client relationships
- Strong technical skills including proficiency with agency management systems
- Proven track record working with large, complex accounts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience placing or underwriting financial insurance institutions
- E&O and D&O designations
We offer a wide range of benefits including, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, plus much more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Account Manager - Commercial Lines - Orange, CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly