Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Personal Lines Underwriter who seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards. We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accepts or rejects applications based on underwriting guidelines.
- Communicates daily with agents via telephone and email to assist in risk placement and rating, to obtain information and answer agent inquiries.
- Corresponds with field reps and other insurance or inspection companies to obtain information, answer inquiries, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Reviews insurance applications and endorsements to evaluate, classify, and rate Personal Lines policies of insurance.
- Examines applications, inspection reports, insurance maps, and credit reports to determine risk and appropriate rate.
- Applies advanced concepts of risk management to groups of policies.
- Understands the components and drivers of loss ratio and can incorporate that knowledge into modifying underwriting guidelines.
- Analyzes data and makes sound recommendations to increase profitability.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 3-5 years of industry experience. Insurance designations are desirable.
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Business casual dress, and more
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.