Department: Accounting - Treasury
Reports To: AVP, Treasury
Prepared Date: 10/24/2017
The Treasury Solutions Analyst position is a dynamic, multi-faceted role that has broad exposure to many aspects of Tower Hill’s business. The position requires querying/data-mining skills and project management/technical prowess. An employee in this role works with key contributors in every department at Tower Hill to implement payment and process changes, to resolve technical and customer issues, and to improve efficiencies. Data is used to improve cost, identify payment chain issues, monitor usage across payment channels, and strategize about experience improvements. The position works directly with banking and payment vendors to implement new products as Tower Hill strives to provide the most modern payment choices for customers. This position is always busy with new, challenging projects. The ideal candidate for this exciting position has treasury, insurance and/or IT experience and wants to garner insight into how the different parts of Tower Hill work together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Efficiently gather key performance data, work to automate data where applicable.
*Advanced experience using Excel is required, experience using SQL is a plus.
- Research data variations, provide recommendations based on research.
- Mining data from underlying systems/databases to feed modeling tools.
- A general understanding of relational databases, and SQL query language.
- Evaluate trends, suggest process improvements/cost savings.
- Lead technical initiatives and system changes including bank transmission file set-up, vendor platform changes and new payment technologies.
- Serve as payment/billing subject matter expert for corporate projects.
- Lead department User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for four distinct systems – UAT is required for primary payment changes as well as secondary business changes.
- Communicate impacts of system changes to team and business partners.
- Establish/maintain business network of key staff in other business units to solve problems effectively.
- Effectively use a variety of internal and banking software.
- Work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business related field and 3 years of general insurance/finance/treasury/systems/business intelligence experience in a full time capacity; or the equivalent combination of education/training and work experience.
Proficiency in Excel required; experience working with complex formulas and graphing preferred.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit www.thig.com/careers
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.