This position is responsible for preparing and scanning documents into our Imaging system. Processing and researching all incoming mail, return mail, and policy documents. This is a part-time position. Monday, Thursday and Friday. 24 work hours. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Sort, prep, process and distribute incoming mail.
- Operate high-speed scanning equipment and scans document into the Imaging system.
- Perform routine maintenance cleaning, adjustments and advance setting changes to the scanner and automated letter opener.
- Upload daily production and Departmental morning reports
- Document and report all scanning issues to Help Desk and maintain maintenance log.
- Process all outgoing overnight mail/packages using the different courier mailing software programs i.e. Confirm Delivery, UPS and FedEx etc.
- Receive and deliver all incoming mail packages.
- Process policy documents and deliver to Outgoing Mail department.
- Process and maintain up-to-date Flood and Not Ours workflow.
- Assist with retention of scanned documents and warehouse duties.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
- Assist with internal daily and weekly audits
- Consistently meet the time standards of the department
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily by consistently meeting and/or exceeding the department established goals. The employee must be detail oriented and able to prioritize daily work to meet the daily objectives, work independently with minimal supervision and have strong communication and time management skills. Six months to one year of previous experience in a related operation environment is preferred, but not required.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows. Ability to type 75 keystrokes per minute and 95% accuracy preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to follow procedures, policies, meets production schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to calculate figures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and at least six months of computer and equipment/machinery operational experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Ability to read and comprehend correspondence, memos and instructions. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to effectively present information on a one-on-one setting as well as to small groups of employees within the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employees operating any of the mail equipment must wear the appropriate attire such as, earmuffs and protective footwear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to high amounts of noise level with the outgoing mail room equipment.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit www.thig.com/careers
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.