Corporate Communications Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Corporate Relations plays a vital role in Allstates success. We advance the business priorities of the corporation through effective strategic communications and promote alignment and engagement with Allstates reputation-building strategies across the enterprise. We provide our leaders, our employees and our agency owners with tools that help drive exceptional value for customers. We drive business results through:
- Improved external reputation with investors, policymakers, media, customers, consumers, engaged consumers and opinion-leaders
- Improved Allstater engagement and accountability
The intern will gain a wide range of business experience while deepening their communication skills through work within the Allstate Personal Lines (APL) Strategic Communication team.
The intern will support Allstates internal business units across the enterprise. He/she will complete project work, develop communication messaging and plans with guidance, and participate in coordinating and executing client events, promotions and activities. They will use creative thinking to develop innovative communication solutions leveraging video, infographics, podcasts, etc.
Project Management/Administrative: Actively participate in project meetings from inception to delivery to understand deliverables, audience, timing, expected outcomes and goals.
Writing & Presentations: Assist in creating internal and external communications that are aligned with corporate priorities and messaging. Assist in developing creative and visual messaging to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
Building Relationships: Build and maintain relationships with corporate relations team members and colleagues in other departments.
Candidates should have a deep interest and general understanding of communications and public relations with demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to assume responsibility, prioritize their work, and think creatively. Additional skills and experience include the following:
- Upper-level undergraduate students majoring in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Media or first year graduate students with 3.0+ GPA
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign strongly preferred
- Ability to build strong storytelling visuals and presentations, expert PowerPoint skills strongly preferred
- Previous academic, extracurricular and/or work experience related to public relations is preferred
- Ability to assist in the execution and planning of communication strategies
- Ability to develop a basic tactical plan with focus on timeline and audience needs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well with business professionals of varying backgrounds, talents and management techniques
- Capacity to process detailed information quickly and synthesize into communication tactics that resonate with and engage stakeholders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.