Entry Level, Investment Accountant -Banking & Balancing Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Entry Level Investment Accountant - Banking and Balancing Analyst is primarily responsible for daily and monthly balancing between Investment applications. This would include reconciling Allstate Investment trading systems, accounting systems (Maximis), data warehouse and the General Ledger (SAP). The Consultant is expected to research and investigate exceptions and follow up to ensure that they are corrected, including identification and implementation of prevention measures. They prepare and review the month end packages in support of financial statement close deadlines. Span of control also extends to source data into Maximis through the execution of Trade Management Systems interface balancing controls and reconciliations between the trade management systems, accounting system and custodial bank.
- Review and clear daily and monthly reports to locate the out of balances between the investment accounting system, and the SAP general ledger.
- Analyze and clear position exceptions between accounting system, trade management system and custodial bank.
- Identification, research and investigation of out-of-balance conditions, and follow up to ensure that they are corrected.
- Prepare and Review journal entries.
- Production and Review of Monthly reports by the close deadlines.
- Work with the internal and external customers and auditors to provide reports and answer questions.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to other departments within Allstate Insurance as assigned.
- Assist with the quarterly account reconciliation spot checks.
- Help coordinate and participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as process improvement, control strengthening, peer analysis and team education sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work well with individuals of varying levels and departments to resolve exceptions and research issues.
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
- 0-2 years of professional accounting or reporting experience, Investment industry experience is a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools.
- Oracle SQL knowledge is especially desirable
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- CPA/CPA Candidate preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills to all levels of staff and management
- Good analytical and issue resolution skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.