Social and PR Strategist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The scope of this job is:
To support the strategic development, execution and implementation of social marketing and consumer public relations programs in support Allstates marketing strategies and national sponsorships.
As a key member of the Consumer Marketing group, the ideal candidate will have experience in consumer public relations, including project and event management as well as social media marketing. Solid and proven journalism skills are required. This individual will be responsible for contributing to a broad range of communications projects --with measureable business results. The ability to work flexibly with both internal and external resources to accomplish goals is necessary.
The outcomes of the work are focused on improving and enhancing the reputation of the Allstate brand by building relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business environment with key shareholders including Allstate agency owners and employees.
- Contribute to the development and day-to-day execution of the PR and social strategies
- Oversee the implementation of consumer PR programs for various sponsorship properties and marketing campaigns, with emphasis on creative ideation, material development and event execution
- Provide direction and consultation on media relations tactics
- Provide tactical support of social programs, delivering education, consultation and creative guidance to maximize consumer engagement and best practices
- Manage content calendar across Allstate social channels and publishing of social content
- Generate innovative solutions to address issues, present solutions clearly, enhance existing ideas to maximize opportunities
- Day-to-day communication and management of (external) creative and PR agency partners
- Budget management responsibilities
- Provide guidance, expertise and KPIs to vendors and to ensure deliverables meet business objectives
- Work closely with appropriate internal teams (marketing, media, measurement and corporate relations) to ensure successful executions, integration, and measurement for social and PR programs
- Participate in reporting and analysis to identify trends that lead to informed business decisions
The individual must have solid written and oral communication skills in addition to the following:
- Be a highly organized self-starter who is driven to achieve results
- Have a proven track record of building engaging internal and external communication strategies
- Think strategically and be able to translate business objectives into integrated communication strategies and tactics that will drive business performance
- Be a demonstrated team player in a cross-functional setting
- Have proven ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to be creative and flexible while continuing to produce work at a quick pace
- Have an innate ability to multitask and change from one project to another quickly while seeing everything through to completion
- Have experience using PR, digital & social media strategies and tactics to advance business goals
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate/communicate with individuals of varying social acumen
- Natural curiosity and affinity for emerging technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to respond to and solve problems.
- 2-4 years in a communications role
- 2-4 years of experience in social marketing
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.