Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
Westfield Services Inc. is a specialty insurance agency and services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We are wholly owned by Westfield Group in Westfield Center, Ohio, although we operate independently of our parent company.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
SERVICE CENTER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE – COMMERCIAL LINES
Salary Range: $38,709 - $44,515 - $50,322
Description: The Service Center Account Representative – Commercial Lines performs customer service duties including answering customer inquiries, communicating/negotiating with carriers, troubleshooting problems, handling renewals, and offering additional coverages.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
* Performs a variety of commercial lines customer service duties for agents and clients.
* Handles a variety of incoming customer calls and emails including the following:
- Answering inquiries from customers including coverage questions, policy changes, quotes, billing issues, and other issues.
- Taking incoming claims calls and handling appropriately based on type of claim, carrier, etc.
- Handling certificate requests including related coverage updates, special language requests and underwriting issues.
* Writes new business as appropriate or refers lead back to agency.
* Conducts account reviews periodically. Enhances and strengths existing accounts as needed with needed additional coverages.
* Resolves disputes between customers, carriers, agencies and others while keeping appropriate parties informed of progress.
* Works closely with agencies on the following:
- Advising agency of critical events, and follows agency’s instructions if within guidelines or procedures.
- Writing generally simple bonds for customers as needed.
- Handling renewals, cancellations and non-renewals with care, legally saving all accounts when possible. Notifies agency if account is unable to be saved.
* Documents work with appropriate activities in the management system.
* Serves as a resource to Westfield’s commercial lines team, whenever possible, and cooperatively responds to underwriting requests for additional customer information.
* Utilizes carrier software and resources, agency management system, and software tools as needed to perform tasks and obtain needed information (e.g. underwriting guidelines, forms, manuals).
* Maintains knowledge of industry updates (carrier changes, market trends, products) and stays informed of state-specific guidelines and requirements (coverages, underwriting rules, procedures, laws).
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, agency relationship building and/or travel between office locations.
* 1 year experience in commercial lines.
* Valid Property-Casualty agent license required within 90 days of employment.
* Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, high call/email volume environment.
* Demonstrated experience performing general office support functions.
* Demonstrated excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated solid math skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
* Demonstrated experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other standard office automation software packages.
* Proven ability to handle confidential information.
* High school graduate, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield Services and the opportunities available, please visit us at
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.