Accountant - Statutory
- Assist the CFO and/or Controller on a wide array of routine to complex corporate accounting and financial reporting and other transactions
- Prepare and record journal entries and reconcile bank statements
- Ensure required approvals are obtained for the disbursement of funds
- Ensure financial statements, general ledgers and subsidiary accounts for multiple entities are prepared in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and/or statements for multiple entities
- Handle confidential and non-routine information
- Assist in compiling and preparing client and regulatory agent reports
- Supports information needs of external auditors, internal auditors and state examiners in an effective and timely manner
- Assist in determining appropriate accounting policies for the company as related to the introduction of new products and/or investments
- Perform job tasks and functions in accordance with company procedures and guidelines
- On assigned accounting-related issues, positively represents Cabrillo in telephone, face-to-face and email interactions and provides accurate information and professional responses to Agents, policyholders, vendors, auditors and other external business contacts and customers, as applicable
- Actively contributes as a member of the Cabrillo Coastal Team by providing assistance and support to assigned team members
- Dynamically enhances company’s success by taking advantage of learning and development opportunities and personally integrating positive actions to improve individual performance
- Leads, participates in, assists with and/or carries out responsibilities for “special” Company projects, as directed
Skills and Expertise:
Qualities: Financially-Oriented; Quality-Oriented; Service Oriented; Detail-Oriented; Self-Motivated; Self-starter; Team Player; Multi-Tasker; Adaptability; Flexibility; Strong Work Ethic; Positive “Can Do” Attitude; Collaborator; Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
Strong Skill Sets in the Following Areas: advanced knowledge of Excel; analytical skills; strong math skills; advanced statutory accounting terminology, practices and processes; telephone and email business etiquette rules; desktop computer operations.
Licenses and Experience:
Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA required.
Full –Time Exempt (Salaried)
Pay: Commensurate with experience.