Senior Commercial Represented Casualty Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance has an exciting opportunity as a Senior Commercial Represented Casualty Adjuster in Irving, TX!
As this adjuster, you will be responsible for investigating complex and occasionally highly complex commercial auto claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents in which commercial policy holders are involved; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) or specialized claims. You will also handle claims involved in arbitration or mediation, coordinate with legal counsel and participate in depositions, hearings, or arbitrations. You will take recorded statements, resolve loss of use claims, issue payments to appropriate parties, and negotiate and settle or refer bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. You will deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling complex claims. You will provide work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provide mentoring and coaching to the team. You will work independently, prioritize your own responsibilities, and manage your own workload. You will consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
Key Responsibilities Are:
- Make and maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serve the customer with empathy; and follow up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manage, research, and resolve complex and occasionally highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Review customer satisfaction results; recommend, design, and implement personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarize documents and enter into claim system notes
- Document a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determine and explain minimum coverage limits in moderately complex and occasionally complex commercial policy claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Set initial reserve, update reserve, document rationale and claim summary notes
- Obtain photos and/or conduct scene investigation
- Take recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conduct investigations into complex and occasionally highly complex auto accidents involving commercial policy holders, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Evaluate and determine potential use of experts; review reports and select the expert
- Determine claim value
- Review file to identify complex and occasionally highly complex potential legal issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiate and settle claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Review medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more complex or occasionally highly complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for large projects or as a committee team member on very large projects
- Complete complex and occasionally highly complex attorney bill reviews
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Casualty experience required
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Apply advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Apply advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Apply advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Apply advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Apply advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Apply advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Apply advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Apply advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Apply advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Apply advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex and occasionally highly complex claims
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- May work within complex and occasionally highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- The position is located in Irving Texas
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.