- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Growth, innovation and positive culture are three attributes that easily describe Allstate. If you are looking to optimize your expertise and move forward with a growing company then this position is for you! This is an exciting opportunity to join Allstate supporting the Allstate Business Insurance product. Underwriting is a critical component to insurance and we are seeking an experienced commercial underwriter to leverage their knowledge in our fast-paced, team-oriented environment. As an Underwriting Consultant, you have the opportunity to provide underwriting support and direction to sales management and their marketing forces. This collaboration will help to improve growth and profit opportunities for new and in-force commercial lines of insurance within assigned territories.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares quotes, new business, endorsements, and renewals, within referral guidelines for position
- Prepares recommendations on referral files outside of authority
- Tracks and analyzes performance and profitability trends within territory
- Builds and maintains strong agency relationships
- Assists management in research/development and training
- Participates in quality reviews, and problem solving, providing appropriate input and solution-oriented goals
- 5 years commercial underwriting experience
- Multi-line experience highly preferred (BOP, general liability, auto, workers comp, inland marine, etc.)
- Multi-industry experience highly preferred (e.g. wholesale, restaurants, condos, contractors, etc. would be a plus)
- Bachelor's degree
- Insurance designations (e.g. CPCU, ARM, AINS) a plus
General knowledge of:
- Insurance industry rules, regulations, and legal requirements
- Familiarity of assigned territory, including competitive position and marketplace
Advanced knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Multi-line products
- Physical, financial, and motor vehicle records reports
- All rating plans
- Financial/business/hazard/premium analysis
- All underwriting/rating systems
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.