BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
AUTO CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE
Columbus, OH; Phoenix, AZ; Duluth, GA or Westfield Operating Territory
Salary Range: $37,878 - $43,560 - $49,242
Description: Works within specific limits and authority on property claim assignments of moderate technical complexity. Determines coverage and investigates, analyzes, negotiates and settles claims not typically requiring outside investigation while delivering quality customer service in a high volume, low to moderate complexity work environment.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Coverage/Investigation/Liability - Determines whether or not proper coverage exists for the type of claim assigned. Investigates thoroughly to obtain relevant facts concerning all aspects of the claim, such as coverage, liability, legal climate, potential exposure, and damages, and makes decisions, where appropriate, on claim resolution. Monitors ongoing case development for appropriateness.
2. Damages - Determines the value of the physical damage of property, automobiles, or injuries through inspections and use of appropriate tools. Obtains all necessary documentation to support claim evaluation. Recognizes claim file exposures and escalates appropriately.
3. Communication - Maintains effective and ongoing communications with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, other insurance companies, representatives, vendors, and company personnel.
4. Customer Service - Ensures customer service excellence. Responsible for the customer and agent experience associated with assigned claims.
5. Reserving/Reporting - In accordance with Westfields reserving philosophy, establishes and reviews proper reserves for each claim based upon thorough investigation, evaluation, and experience. Completes appropriate reports so that the current status of the claim is clearly documented at all times.
6. Negotiation/Settlement - Within decision making authority, negotiates timely and appropriate settlements with insureds, claimants, vendors, attorneys, and other insurance companies. Refers claims exceeding authority to appropriate leader or complex claims specialist with recommendations.
7. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
1. 2 or more years auto claims adjusting/industry related experience.
2. Previous experience handling auto claims with exposure up to $25,000.
3. Proficient use of various core systems, office and computer equipment and software packages.
4. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Strong organizational and negotiation skills; ability to handle conflict.
6. Holds (or has ability to obtain) and maintains appropriate adjuster licensing and certification(s) in assigned territories.
7. Insurance industry designation such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc.
8. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
9. Bachelors Degree or commensurate experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center or gym reimbursement and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.