AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust has an immedidate need for a Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor. This position will be located in our Dallas, TX office. The Claims Supervisor will supervise a team of claims personnel who will be handling claims arising from our general liability and commercial automobile policies. Their supervision will include the technical development of the claim files which includes, coverage, liability investigation, development and evaluation of damages, settlement strategy and litigation management. These claims arise in various jurisdictions throughout the country and, as such, experience and adjusters license in multiple jurisdictions is required. This position will assist their management on various special projects as needed.Responsibilities
- Assigns new claims to unit members based on complexity and skill set of staff.
- Oversees the handling of all aspects of the claims assigned to the unit including reserving, communication, documentation, litigation management, evaluation, negotiation and settlement.
- Ensures all claims eligible or ineligible for payment conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
- Ensures claim processing is consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines.
- Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
- Reviews appeals and complaints that Adjusters are unable to resolve and prepares formal response to consumer complaints.
- Analyzes and approves insurance claim payment.
- Provides file authority as appropriate to unit staff.
- Completes regular quality audits of staffs work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
- Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assures that all customers receive quality service.
- Other tasks as assigned by Claim Manager/Assistant Vice President/Vice President.
- Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
- Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
- Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex claim matters and projects requiring advanced claim knowledge and experience.
- Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in coverage and laws.
- Thorough understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability and insurance industry in general.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize, delegate and develop corporate human resources.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
- Sound command of the English language.
- Ability to operate business technology.
- High school graduate/GED; prefer college degree
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.