The HR Generalist (Business Partner), is responsible for performing and providing consultation and solutions on various HR related duties in supporting designated business units. Specifically, the position is responsible for functions related to recruitment and retention, employee relations, training and development, policy interpretation, performance management, and onboarding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Correctly applies knowledge of HR laws, rules, regulations, both state and federal, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution.
- Conducts recruitment of exempt and non-exempt positions; to include screening, administering pre-employment tests, scheduling and conducting interviews, background checks, references, job fairs, college recruiting, sourcing, and maintaining applicant tracking system.
- Provides effective support to assigned clients in an advisory capacity on strategic and tactical HR related matters and current HR trends.
- Develops, prepares, and presents training sessions, covering areas such as new employee orientation, performance management, career paths and succession planning.
- Maintains highly confidential information, and updates employee files to document personnel actions.
- Conducts investigations and handles employee relations issues including recommendations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Assists with performance reviews and ensures the development and implementation of specific development plans to address performance issues.
- Participates in developing departmental goals and objectives.
- Participates in meetings within the business units and advises management on all HR related topics.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Utilizes computer software to create company communications, HR reports, and special projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related major, preferably with an emphasis in Human Resource Management or Business; and two or more years’ related work experience.
- Two to three years’ experience handling and resolving Employee Relations matters and possession of SHRM PHR / SPHR or CP / SCP certification is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of HR laws and regulations.
- Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while maintaining poise and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Understanding of HR functions, products, services and compliance.
- Understanding of the synergies created when aligning people strategies with business strategies.
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Business casual dress, and more
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit www.thig.com/careers
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.