Business Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are seeking a talented and innovative Business Systems Analyst to join our growing team! If the following describes you, you may be the person were looking for:
Are you an analytical thinker?
- Do you have a knack for puzzle solving?
- Are you skilled at matching business problems to possible solutions?
- Do you have good verbal and written communication skills?
- Do you get a kick out of technology?
- Do you enjoy working with people as much as databases?
In this key role, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working with Business Units to analyze objectives and develop solutions to business need specifically related to Property & Casualty and Personal lines of business.
- Suggesting software solutions to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Translating business requirements, and working closely with Software Developers to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Documenting system requirements by creating specifications and screen mock-ups using, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Flowcharting software, etc.
- Creating project plans and driving projects to completion.
- Testing new features and functionality by creating test scenarios and measurements.
- Assisting technical documenters and Trainers as needed with software updates.
- Working extensively with Microsoft Transact-SQL to satisfy Business Unit needs when possible as well as for testing and trouble-shooting.
- Solving system related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems as reported by users.
- Managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Prior experience in the field required.
- Working knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance, including Package, BOP, Umbrella, Excess, Commercial Auto, as well as Personal Lines, including homeowners preferred.
- Regular hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 8-4:30 with the possibility of some evening and weekend work as needed.