Claims Adjuster - Property Field - Midwest Territory
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are currently searching for a Property Field Adjuster who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you! Position will be based out of our Northbrook, IL office. This position will require a lot of travel.Responsibilities
The Property Field Adjuster is responsible for conducting office investigations and adjusting commercial property claims in the Midwest Territory including IL, MN, MO, WI, IA, MI and IN. The Adjuster is also responsible for, but not limited to:
- Investigate, negotiate and settle property losses with little oversight
- Travel to loss locations to conduct a thorough inspection
- Evaluate policy contract language to identify coverage issues and make coverage determinations
- Take statements from insureds and witnesses
- Obtain and assess physical evidence, reports, public documentation, photographs and other information within a legal manner
- Draft structural estimates without contractor involvement
- Prepare reports and large losses
- Process payments and determine appropriate reserves
- Determine plans of action independently and coordinate with defense counsel in handling complex property issues
- Knowledge of claims processes, policies, procedures, claims systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Previous experience adjusting property claims
- State licensing where required
- Prior use of Xactimate or any other estimating programs a plus
- HAAG certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!