Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Accountant looking to expand or advance his/her career! We are a National Broker with strong community roots looking for energetic, quality people to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assisting our department within the branch with complete and accurate general accounting functions.
For this role, insurance experience can be a plus, but our philosophy is to hire based on character and train the skills needed to succeed and will invest heavily in your professional development through training, mentoring and education. In our meritocracy, there is tremendous opportunity for advancement and our team takes a “work hard and have fun doing it” approach, providing significant incentives for those who thrive.
- Process accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Track aging A/R revenue for company and clients
- Accurately account for cash receipts,
- Enter deposits into accounting system
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to create and enhance business relationships, must have a friendly, outgoing personality with a strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated team player with a high degree of self-discipline and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously despite their complexity
- Proficient in Microsoft windows systems, excel, word, outlook, Applied, word processing skills and internet usage
- Four-year College Degree
We offer a wide range of benefits including, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, plus much more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.