Loss Control Manager
Loss Control Manager
Harford Mutual is seeking a Loss Control Manager to lead the Loss Control unit and support Commercial Business services. This position will manage the daily activities of Loss Control and Premium Audit. These activities include, but are not limited to, the development of Loss Control programs; monitoring the costs and services associated with the various fee companies; performing research; training of internal staff and external clients; developing and maintaining strong agency relationships; and supervising the duties of the internal staff.
- The person in this position will be responsible for managing the work performed by external fee companies, used by both Loss Control and Premium Audit, for quality and timeliness.
- This person will work to develop the technical expertise and knowledge of the staff, and they will also facilitate the Loss Control education programs for other departments.
- Monitor the selling, and implementation, of the program services for Large Accounts written by the Company.
- With an increased focus being placed on Insurance Fraud, the Loss Control and Premium Audit Manager will be required to work closely with the Claims Department to address these issues.
- The performance of research and the completion of reports for risk improvement is a must for this position.
- Through the implementation of internal controls and processes, this person will be responsible for providing excellent customer service.
- They will be responsible for the oversight and development of the employees in the Loss Control and Premium Audit areas.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of either Loss Control or Premium audit
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience is a plus
- Completion of or participation in ARM program
- Working knowledge of OSHA code, the implementation of safety programs, industrial codes, property and casualty exposures, and the Premium Audit Advisory Service (PAAS).
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments
The Harford Mutual Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.