Internal Auditor - entry level
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Within Internal Audit, you will have an opportunity to conduct financial, operational, and compliance audits across Allstates businesses. In an exciting, fast-paced environment, you will build a strong understanding of the various areas of the organization, develop a comprehensive understanding of the audit process and have the potential to work with our external auditor.
New hires can expect to spend their first twenty-four months in a development program where you will be mentored and trained on the various organizations within Allstate, auditing methodologies, as well as gaining the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to help you have a successful career in the Allstate Internal Audit department.
The Auditor will be a key member of the team, responsible for the following items:
- Audit planning and execution, including risk and control evaluation
- Coordinating the work of other team members in a leadership role
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects
- College degree - major preference of Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Basic understanding of audit theory and application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown.
- Understanding of fundamental IT concepts.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Basic critical thinking and problem solving skills around business issues.
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications).
- In Internal Audit, we offer individualized training on audit execution and professional development, and extensive support in the areas of career pathing, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications
- Internship within Auditing or an Accounting related field a plus.
- Minimum of 6 months Internal Audit experience.
- Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Information Technology a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.