Global Technical Services Property Adjuster Trainee
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under direct supervision of GTS Managing Director, participates in an intense training program. Progression through training will lead to investigating complex claims in excess of $100,000. Duties include utilizing various estimating resources; supervising engineers, building consultants, and salvage experts; extensive report writing, claim documentation and communication with insurance companies, attorneys and business leaders. Involved in marketing and sales efforts.
Exposure to residential and commercial buildings, retail, industrial, municipalities, etc.
- Participates in structured training for large, complex claims handling, Hands-on learning while shadowing more experienced adjusters and managers. Completes the AIC designation and attains appropriate state licenses.
- Assists National General Adjusters and Executive General Adjusters on claim handling for complex losses by job shadowing
- Involves in Business Income and Business Personal Property Losses Travel to other areas of the continental US as needed. (Expect 25-50% travel in first year.)
- Position will be assessed after 18 months
- Handles production goals upon completion of training.
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, inspecting physical damage, and comparing claim information with evidence.
- Sets loss reserves with approval of client and management.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carriers liability, clients instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controls claims costs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Bachelors degree in finance, engineering, insurance, business, risk management, or other related fields of study.
- Outside adjusters must have a valid drivers license.
- One year prior experience in Construction or Insurance Industry.
- Prior claims handling a plus.
- Prior Military experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Superior time management skills and organizational ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle challenging situations and people with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good report/letter writing ability
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling in order to accommodate customers and urgent claim issues
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.