Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Our Travelers Claim Intern opportunity provides qualified candidates an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand business experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, to contacting clients, determining coverage, scoping of losses and completing damage estimates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
You will be exposed to personal & commercial lines claims of basic to moderate complexity. You will learn effective strategies for investigating, negotiating and resolving claims thoroughly, accurately and efficiently. Understanding what happened, estimating damage, determining what coverages apply and helping our customers through the process are fundamental to this role. Because we offer a wide variety of products to both individuals, and Fortune 500 businesses, there are always opportunities to learn new skills and grow throughout your career.
Each intern will be expected to complete challenging and meaningful project work over the course of this program. In addition, there are core assignments and a designated coach to further develop interns' knowledge of claims.
*Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
*Approximate work availability from June through August (10-12 weeks) required.
*Ability to reside in the location of the internship.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:
For the CPDP Internship, we are most interested in students who are serious about entering the insurance industry and who are excited about the prospect of making Claim their future career choice.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Undergraduate students completing their freshman year preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Time Management / Organization skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts (with business focus preferred)
- Business Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills Strong customer service skills
- Positions are available across various U.S. offices lasting approximately 10-12 weeks beginning in June.
- Please note that these positions do not include housing or housing assistance for interns.
- Occassional travel
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Standing (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE