IT Project Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
CopperPoint is seeking qualified candidates for an IT Project Manager. The ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day activities of multiple business-sponsored small, medium and large IT projects to deliver tasks on time, within budget, and within scope. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, vendors and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.Responsibilities
- Drive integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, application developers, data infrastructure, and quality assurance
- Manage projects to budget and ensure change control identifies variances to budget, schedule, or scope. Effectively manage and communicate issues and risks and develop mitigation plans. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Provide project status updates.
- Develop project documentation and artifacts including project plan, project schedule (timeline), risks and issues log, weekly status and project closure
- Perform hands-on reviews of work products, prioritization of product backlog, and address delivery impediments or product quality issues as needed
- Work within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint and release planning, and other agile development related activities.
- Ensure effective, timely, and consistent communication with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, or related field preferred
- 7-10 years Project Management or other IT experience in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Experience in multiple Project Management Methodologies, including Agile
- Solid understanding of Agile (Scrum) method
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Nimble, flexible, able to think out of the box; apply the appropriate process/methodology or solution to a given problem.
About CopperPoint Insurance Company:
- Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, is the state's premier provider of workers compensation insurance
- Promotes a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training
- In 2015, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time
- Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work
- CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.