Premium Field Auditor.
- Career Level
- Not Specified
CopperPoint Insurance Companies is seeking a Premium Field Auditor. The ideal candidate will be able to independently analyze business operations for WC, GL, Property, Garage and Auto of the policyholder through survey and physical observation, review and assess all payroll, sales and number of employees records to determine whether accurate figures have been reported, analyze payroll and sales records and claims data to insure all claims are reported in the appropriate classification code with the appropriate payroll/sales and determine correct application of all expenditures of the policyholder for premium audit purposes. Accuracy of a premium audit is imperative to the policyholder, the carrier and ratemaking organizations, as the results of an audit can impact premium, experience rating and rate making as well as future desirability in insurance placement.Responsibilities
- Independently conduct survey of the business operations of the policyholder through interview with owner, corp. officer or authorized representative and conduct physical observation of work site for active policyholders.
- Examine and assess all pertinent business records to include payroll register, payroll journals, general ledgers, cash disbursement journals, check registers, State A1 quarterly reports, Federal tax returns, DES quarterly reports and Certificates of Insurance for Workers Compensation/General Liability and other lines of Insurance for all subcontractors.
- Assess and confirm all WC claims filed were actual employees at the time of injury via payroll records and cross reference of Social Security number and determine whether the claim was reported under the appropriate classification code.
- Autonomously analyze business records, apply NCCI and/or ISO rules to appropriately classify the business operations and make independent or discretionary judgment regarding the appropriate application of all the data to finalize audit.
- Provide guidance and education to the policyholders regarding correct reporting with respect to gross wages, over-time, bonuses, Sales, fringe benefits, rejecters, subcontractors and casual labor as this will impact the policyholders experience modification, claims costs and overall cost of Workers Compensation insurance and Property & Casualty (General Liability, Inland Marine & Automobile) which ultimately effects the financial results of a policyholder.
- Senior level knowledge of rules and all current class codes along with any changes pertaining to deletions or additions made by NCCI and ISO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA college degree preferred. The knowledge and skill levels acquired through undergraduate level studies especially in the areas as business administration, finance or accounting and 5+ years of experience in Commercial Premium Auditing.
- Expert knowledge and insight into rules and ethics of Independent WC Rating Bureaus and ISO Rules and State regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Arizona Dept. of Insurance regulatory requirements to ensure the companys compliance in all lines of insurance.
- Expert knowledge of the NCCIs (National Council on Compensation Insurance, ISO & other rating bureau jurisdictions) rules pertaining to classification, experience rating and ownership changes to ensure proper classification of insureds and rate making.
- Expert knowledge of ICAs (Industrial Commission of Arizona) rules and regulation to ensure the companys compliance.
- Demonstrate awareness in the utilization of analysis skills to successfully and efficiently review audits and ensure they comply with the companys policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate and gather needed data from policyholders and maintain an effective working relationship with the companys clients.
- Consistent practice in analyzing bookkeeping and/or accounting reconciliation principles inclusive of Profit and Loss (P & L) statement and balance sheets. Ability to read and understand audited and reviewed financial statements a plus.
- Organized with superior time skills with little oversight
- Senior level communication skills required to communicate effectively with internal management, collaborate with colleagues including underwriting and marketing, producers including agents and brokers, and policy holders to provide reports and proposals and/or make formal presentation regarding research findings and conclusions.
About CopperPoint Insurance Companies:
Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, CopperPoint is Arizona's premier provider of workers compensation insurance. We promote a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training. In 2015, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time. CopperPoint is a four-time winner of Best Places to Work in Phoenix. CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.