BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
Your future is bright. Promising. And full of endless possibilities. Explore those possibilities at Westfield Insurance where our interns work on projects that make a difference. This is your chance to showcase your talents while we guide you in setting achievable career aspirations. From actuarial to event planning, we offer a wide range of opportunities for you to develop and grow in your chosen academic area.
Fitness Center Assistant: Intern
Salary: This is an hourly position that pays $11.00 per hour.
Work Hours/Schedule: The work schedule is 4:00pm-7:00pm, working 9-10 hours weekly.
As needed and directed, performs various Fitness Center duties including: facility upkeep, monitoring and providing assistance to members, facilitating member orientations, closing procedures, bulletin boards, assistance with incentive programs, and other tasks as assigned by the Fitness and Wellness Leader.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Acts as Fitness Center representative, available to courteously and respectfully answer questions and/or help members on exercise equipment. Promotes and encourages member health and wellness including safe and appropriate use of equipment.
2. As directed conducts guided tours of the Fitness Center with potential members and provides orientation to new members.
3. Develops and posts health and wellness information including Fit Tip of the Week. Creates, posts and upkeeps informational bulletin boards.
4. Performs daily facility cleaning duties including equipment cleaning and nightly closing cleaning duties. Distributes towels and locker room amenities as needed.
5. Handles closing down and lock-up duties at the Fitness Center. Follows security standard/procedures, and communicates appropriately regarding safety or security issues/concerns.
6. As needed, assists with promotion and execution of incentive programs for Fitness Center members and company-wide wellness programming.
7. Assists with updating and coordinating the Westfield Health and Fitness social media pages.
8. Shadows Fitness Assessment and Workout Program appointments, performing his/her own if schooling and experience are appropriate.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Must have current/valid CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications or ability/willingness to obtain these upon hire.
2. Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Exercise Science or related field, with successful completion of their sophomore year.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, software programs, etc.
Ability to personally, physically, safely and appropriately demonstrate exercise equipment to members and guests.
Ability to work evenings and weekends.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.