Underwriting Field Support Sr Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Underwriting Field Support family makes business decision for a line of insurance or defined marketplace which appropriately considers product, pricing and risk management levers. Individuals in this job family analyze and evaluate the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and work with Field Product Management Organizations, Home Office State and Line Management teams to build appropriate strategies/process to address them while ensuring integration across other business units to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
The Underwriting Field Support Senior Consultant II supports the State/Line Manger, Field Project Manager and Home Office Underwriting in achieving profit and growth targets for an assigned region/state or line(s) of business. This individual supports the design and development of processes, strategies, and initiatives using product, pricing, and risk management skills to achieve business goals.
Support achievement of business goals through four major components of work for assigned state(s)/region(s)/line(s)
- Conducts moderately complex analyses of loss, distribution, production and book/risk quality data to develop recommendations on rates and risk management guidelines
- Supports the development and design of new plans, programs, processes or product features that are of moderate complexity
- Supports the creation of concept designs; assesses feasibility (financial, operational, and technical) and makes recommendations on requirements and measurements
- Solicits and integrates input from team members and other stakeholders
- Utilizes data to uncover potential market issues or opportunities
- Conducts analyses of contract/product, risk management, and product recommendations
- Starting to act as a project manager as needed, but remains a contributing member of the team
- Supports the integration and coordinates plans for the communication and delivery of planned changes, projects, products in the regions, Risk Management Business Center, and FPMO
- Consults with resources/expertise that are necessary to successfully complete projects and assignments from various AORs
- Prepares communications and presentations for project updates for Home Office Underwriting, State/Line Managers/FPMO leadership and other key stakeholders
- Manages project controls and requirements
- Builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Evaluates and recommend appropriate processes for correct classification
- Identifies, recommends, and/or implements consistent processes throughout team/department
- Identifies, recommends, and/or implements process improvements to internal and external compliance standards
Support the Development of Local MOC, Home Office Underwriting and/or Line Management Strategies and Plans
- Completes moderately complex analyses to support the development of the Regional/State/Line strategies
- Supports and/or participate in various stakeholder meetings (State Team/FPMO/RMBC, etc.) to assist with understanding, alignment and engagement
- Creates and supports business cases
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience
- Good written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate specialized terms and data
- Knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
- Good collaboration and relationship skills
- Ability to plan and/or implement projects of low/medium complexity and/or small/medium scale initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.