Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Travelers Risk Control helps customers reduce risk, prevent loss and save lives by providing risk assessment & consultation services, industry leading risk expertise, and resources to manage risk. Risk Control Technology is a fast paced organization that supports our business by enabling Risk Control Services onsite, online and on-demand.
The Risk Control Technology Product Owner is responsible for gaining a deep understanding of business goals and processes to be able to decompose them into distinct capabilities and help translate them into technical solutions that achieve the desired business results. This individual serves as a critical bridge between our business partners and IT Agile team They are responsible for creating and managing our prioritized back-log of work and guiding the agile team in their day to day delivery. You should be enthusiastic about working in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, highly dynamic environment. We look to you to be able to demonstrate success driving a collaborative and high performing team of employees and global sourcing partners towards achieving great business results.
Plans at an operational level and manages the effective use of resources. Leads assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s). Narrow to moderate scope of responsibility as defined by such things as span of control, # of systems/projects, and/or complexity of systems/projects. Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Provides conceptual understanding and technical direction of projects and system support. Provides talent management to team members. This job is a Manager: Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance. Typically involved in compensation decisions. Employees have a formal reporting relationship to this job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Reduce Risk. Prevent Loss. Save Lives
Travelers Risk Control helps customers reduce risk, prevent loss and save lives by providing risk assessment & consultation services, industry leading risk expertise and resources to manage risk. Risk Control Technology is a fast paced organization that supports our business by enabling Risk Control Services onsite, online and on-demand. We operate completely in a mature Scaled Agile (Safe) Release train with each of our Product Owners supporting a designed Agile team. Our Product Owners are accountable for aligning desired business capabilities to appropriate implementation solutions that support the strategic goals of Risk Control business partners and the enterprise. You will find our organization to be fun, full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference!
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with business on development of business strategy roadmaps and appropriately align supporting technology delivery roadmaps and technical capability deliveries.
- Accountable for prioritize work efforts effectively with stakeholders based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Drive leadership dialogs and decision making across the Business and IT groups.
- Define the scope of 'what needs to be built' at high and detailed level and working closely with Agile teams during development to drive delivery, manage scope and ensure end products appropriately meets business needs.
- Perform high level systems analysis (queries, etc) to understand and confirm current business rules/processes.
- Fosters a high-performing team by focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Helps the team manage conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
- Actively identify and addresses issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving their objectives.
- Escalates problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue.
- Ability to identify, coordinate and manage interdependencies (technical and business processes) with other groups.
- Maintaining alignment of business-technology needs over time through ongoing solution stewardship.
- Establish appropriate partnerships with peer business and technology organizations throughout the enterprise.
- Provide management level updates on strategies, delivery quality, risks, resource and scheduling needs.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred. 1 year of experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Hands-on experience leading and managing multi-faceted teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and communicate with Information Technology and Business Leadership.
- Ability to identify opportunities, determine solutions, and work collaboratively to implement the solutions.
- Effectively motivates team to exert the effort necessary to attain organizational goals.
- Ability to partner with geographically dispersed resources (employee and Globally Sourced Partners).
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study is preferred.
- 5+ years of application development experience. Experience in multiple roles preferred.
- Experience driving delivery within an agile development methodology (SAFe, etc) is preferred
Work Schedules Weekend work hours (Occasionally) Other Travel (Occasionally)
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Licensing or Certificates
Depend on the specific role but some examples may include; ITIL Kanban/Agile/SAFe. SAFe Certifications preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE