Insurance Inspector - Commercial
Information Providers, Inc. is a leader in 28 states conducting surveys of residential and commercial properties for underwriting purposes. We are seeking a full-time employee(s) to conduct commercial surveys for insurance underwriting purposes.
- Job Title: Staff Representative - Commercial Lines
- Status: Full-time employment
- Pay: Salary (commensurate with experience) and travel expenses
- Schedule: Typical 40 hour work week – Monday through Friday
- Travel: Will average 8-10 overnights per month. Travel will be primarily mid-west and western states
Location: Chicago, IL
- Visits properties and report on-site observations and interviews for insurance underwriting purposes.
- Commercial surveys may include identifying hazards and concerns, measuring buildings and taking photographs.
- This job involves working outside in all weather, safely navigating property, and terrain in all conditions, and regular driving.
- Underwriting surveys types will include property, fire, workers compensation and liability coverages.
- As an employee of Information Providers, Inc. you would have access to a competitive benefits package including Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending accounts, Health, Dental, 401K, Disability, & Life insurance.
- Experience in the commercial insurance survey business.
- Highly organized and have intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, materials and roofing is preferred.
- Professional conduct, clear, written communication, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work with limited and remote supervision.
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report.
- Reliable vehicle
- 6-foot monopod or camera pole
- Measuring device (50 foot tape or measuring wheel)
- Windows-based computer (Windows 7 or later version), current version of Internet Explorer, high-speed internet connection
- Smart Phone or Digital Camera with location services (captures GPS location) are required