Underwriting Policy Senior Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Underwriting Policy Team is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the quality of the book of business through collaboration with internal and external business partners to leverage analytics in developing Countrywide underwriting standards and influence business results through the use of underwriting process and guidelines.
The Underwriting Policy Sr Consultant II is responsible for the leading the support of data collection used for higher complexity analytics. This role will show a greater level of independence throughout projects. This role will expand to and partner with other AORs ensuring the work being completed by each team is unique, and not being replicated.
Research and Analysis
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by recommending countrywide changes to products, underwriting guidelines or underwriting process and providing expertise in their respective discipline to underwriting business partners
- Recommends the integration and delivery of planned underwriting changes/projects/products to regions/field
- Understands and makes observations on market specific implications of business strategies (e.g., Impacts of product changes relative to mix of business trends, correct classification, discount utilization, etc)
- Utilizes breadth of knowledge to identify and resolve underwriting issues and implications on operational processes (e.g., mix of business trends, inspection results, risk management policy gaps)
- Knowledge of data sources, and retrieves and reviews more complex data from existing and new sources (OLAP/DART, Business Objects, CDF, etc)
- Independently evaluates and performs data trend analysis (e.g., underwriting, competitor analysis, financial) in support of UW strategies
- Develops business recommendations to achieve corporate goals and communicates to broad audiences
- Partners with other AORs ensuring alignment
- Assures proper execution of underwriting practices for Product Management through monitoring of underwriting processes and metrics
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Participates in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives and communicates to leadership to gain alignment (e.g, Build and provide fact base and operational considerations)
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Develops/designs new underwriting plans, programs, processes, and products (e.g, t-doc handling, inspection process, endorsement standards, correct class programs)
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, and products for Leadership
- Solicits inputs from key stakeholders
- Independently evaluates underwriting procedures and processes regularly and determines/recommends alternatives or improvements
- Supports in the evaluation of where additional resources/expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments
- Monitors higher level metrics/data to ensure processes are followed and applied consistently. Actively communicates anomalies and recommended actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years industry experience preferred
- Advanced underwriting, product management and general insurance knowledge
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability for achieving results
- Advanced knowledge of data retrieval and manipulation
- Proficient analytical and problem solving skills
- Effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff, both written and verbal
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.