Business Communications Lead Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Benefits Sales Communication team serves as trusted advisors using strategic communications to help build confidence in our customer focused strategy and achieve the business objectives of our clients.
A Communications Lead completes project work and implements plans for the Corporation, business units or external constituents as assigned. The outcomes of their work are focused on improving the internal and external reputation of the Allstate Benefits by building relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business environment with key shareholders including the media; community, political and regulatory leaders; customers and engaged consumers and Allstate agency owners and employees.
- With minimal direction creates internal / external communication plans that consider all internal/external stakeholders and are aligned with corporate priorities and messaging.
- With minimal direction implements and measures internal/external communications plans to ensure integration and consistency of messaging among all stakeholders.
- Develops key messages and a variety of communications to help drive engagement, line of sight and culture change among internal/external stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and reputation of Allstate.
- With minimum guidance implement event/project management for department or business unit clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients as well as key internal and external stakeholders.
Developing Level Skills and Abilities
- Executive communication
- Communication strategy and planning
- Reputation and brand management
- Issues management/crisis communication
- Media relations
- Presentation and verbal communication
- Written communication
- Internal and external communication
Developing Level Knowledge
- Business acumen (specific to Allstate)
- Financial and insurance acumen (external/industry)
Developing Level Experience
- 2-4 years experience in a Corporate Relations/Communications role
- Insurance/financial services business acumen preferred
Developing Level Education
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.