Investments Operations Accountant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Finance Company offers new and existing Allstate agencies the opportunity to secure financial support needed to run an insurance agency. The Investment Accountant II position is responsible for investment operations middle office and back office support as described below.
MIDDLE OFFICE SUPPORT:
Loan transaction documentation for closing
- Review of all closing documents for proper signature and completeness
- Purchase agreement is reviewed for accuracy
- Seller financing matches the loan subordination agreement
- Terms and conditions of the line of credit matches the loan committee approval
- File must be in good order for signature, boarding, and imaging
- Loan disbursement must be accurate and document the true sources and uses for transaction funding
Manage and maintain imaging system
- Ensure the timely imaging of all loan transactions
- Image all adverse action requests within 90 days of action
- Assist loan auditors with key retrieval projects
- Maintain order in the loan vault
- Assist technology with upgrades to key software systems
Loan Exception Lead
- Act as the gatekeeper of the loan exception report
- Contact borrowers to request post-closing documentation
BACK OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Assist the Investment Balancing team with daily cash reconciliation activities
- Analyze cash requirements and prepare wires to move funds at the Bank to support business operations
- Select loans to be transferred between Allstate legal entities and obtain necessary approvals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and internal management reports for Allstate legal entities on a timely basis
- Prepare and file state business license returns, annual reports, and other required reports on a timely basis
- Interact with and assist internal and external auditors by providing required information on a timely basis
- Process line of credit draws
- Analyze and maintain loan documentation from approval to closing
- Verify terms and conditions of approval
- Review purchase agreement
- Conduct tax, UCC lien and judgment searches
- Balance loan transaction to match sources and uses at approval
- Board loan into accounting system and verify accuracy of set-up with Chief Lending Officer
General Working Knowledge
- General working knowledge of the Investment Industry
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and issue resolution skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
Advanced Working Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and SAP
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Work independently
- Demonstrate flexibility and good organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 2-4 years of related experience preferred
- Accounting degree preferred
- Excel expertise required
- Financial reporting experience desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.