Senior Product Development Analyst - Allstate Dealer Services
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Development team designs, develops and launches new products and product enhancements that drive growth, improve the customer experience, and deliver an acceptable return on investment through three distribution channels: Independent Agents, Strategic Partners and TPAs (Third Party Administrators).
As a Senior Product Development Analyst youll play a vital role in the development of new and existing products that impacts P&L. The role is responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the design, development, and market implementation of new and enhanced products. The position supports the Product Development Manager to improve competitive position and profitability of products and programs. The analyst is also responsible for providing medium to high complexity analytical and competitive research.
- Identify, design, develop and implement enhancements to existing and new products, and processes up to high complexity
- Lead from ideation to launch the product/process initiatives out to distribution channels
- Influence the direction, design, and development of product changes with cross-functional teams
- Review, edit and collaborate cross-functionally on consumer facing documents impacted by product changes
- Monitor product performance to identify opportunities to improve products and processes
- Interpret, understand, and effectively present competitor's key initiatives
- Develop competitive intelligence reports and provide market drivers for strategic planning process
- Use your keen problem solving skills, quantitative/qualitative analysis and business acumen to develop product strategies
- Effectively present your strategies to co-workers up to senior managers
- Independently collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify trends, market potential, competitive forces, penetration/segmentation strategies, customer preferences, and provide viable recommendations
- Lead product related projects of various sizes and complexity using accepted project management standards
- Holistic understanding of downstream and upstream impacts of product/process changes to internal and external stakeholders
- Balancing key business goals and initiatives against product and feature requests from customers
- Understand market dynamics and user expectations and the ability to adapt to these forces
- Identify and implement product line process improvements
- Fill role of Project Manager on projects that fall outside the scope of the Enterprise PMO
- Assist Product Development Manager in prioritization of new & existing projects
- Assist in mentoring and development of lower level analysts
- Track and communicate progress and status of assigned tasks and projects
- Lead vendor management activities as assigned by Product Development Manager
- Bachelor degree required. Business or related field of study (e.g. Economics, Math) is preferred. MBA a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in product development/management or related professional experience (e.g., analytical work)
- Demonstrated proficiency in building strong relationships among teams to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams over whom you have no formal authority
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience in writing/editing consumer product contracts, user guides, and other documents for products is preferred
- Project management experience is preferred
- Basic technical aptitude and experience in data querying tools such as Business Objects, SQL, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word. Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Visio.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.